Monday, January 10, 2005

Illustration Friday - Mentor - Creative Journalling

I have joined this group of illustrators....and every Monday they give you a word...and you have to illustrate it! I have been watching this group for some time now...but have been a little apprehensive to join in....well....todays word is "BALANCE".....and I did an illustration which is not quite finished....I hope to have it posted here later this evening. I think this will be a lot of fun!

I can't say enough about a wonderful artist/illustrator friend of mine....who I consider to be my mentor....she is a carrying and sharing individual...and in the art world....that can be hard to find! Her name is Violette!!!! She has taught me so much and opened me up to all kinds of new things...I have been challenging myself, and that is great! I received my creative journal from her as a gift and can't tell you how much I have enjoyed this! So much that I can going to create my own journals...and in fact I did for some friends at Christmas. I was staying with my sister this past weekend and she journals....but not creatively....so I showed her a few things and doodled and illustrated in her journal...and I think she has the bug and has been creating her own create journal entries with pictures to accompany her thoughts! It is great fun!


No comments: