Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Surgery Day Booked

Well I met with my surgeon yesterday (Jan 25th) and my day of surgery is February 4TH. The recommendation is a lumpectomy, and if the pathology report comes back okay, then this will be followed by radiation for 3 to 5 weeks ( every day Monday to Friday). Unfortunately living out of the city, the travelling is going to be very hard for me (1 hour drive to get there). But we will manage to get through this.

On a happier note, I have started painting my new little paintings of women. I call them my "Hope & Faith" series. Each little painting is done on a block of wood with acrylic paint....the women are funky and whimsical in style, and each one will have a word or words on it (strength, hope, etc.)......these paintings will be for women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, or for the friends who have helped them through it. For each one I sell, a percentage of the proceeds with go towards books/literature on breast cancer at a local support group in my area called the "Hope Chest". I haven't been able to paint as much as I had hoped as I am rather scatter brained these days and quite exhausted.

LOL

Shelly

No comments: