Friday, July 11, 2008

Izzy


Well.....I finally managed to get a urine sample from izzy...she is only 5 1/2 months old and a small dog...so it wasn't easy...but at 5:30 a.m. this morning I took her out....got the sample and put it in the fridge until I took it to the vet.

I found out she has calcium oxalate crystals in her urine.....so this will mean an xray on Monday.....to see just what is going on with her.....this bred of dog is prone to this......it may just mean a special diet and hopefully having urine tests done every once in a while.....hopefully they won't form into kidney stones....then you are talking major surgery and major $$$$$$. So the vet has told me to hold off on having her spade (Aug 7th) and see just what we are dealing with.....for if it is bad....then I may have to look at having her put down......so I will wait and see and spend a little more time and money trying to get to the bottom of this.

I was so sure she was doing so well as she has had 6 full days of no peeing inside on the floor.....things were starting to come around and she was being so good...a real joy to have around......so I had a good cry today....I didn't realize that only after such a short period of time that I could get so attached to such a cute, gentle, loving, spirited, and unique little personality......so I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping it is something we can correct with diet.

Here is a picture of "Izzy and her cousin Sam"....she was quite young here.

No comments: